How we treat your Information:
SHAD.co.uk does not disclose your information to any other parties, our policy is to keep the personal information we receive from our site completely confidential. The details you register with us will be used by SHAD.co.uk alone to improve our communications with you.
We reserve the right to cancel any order by the customer, at any time and for any reason, if we need do this we will refund you in full within 7 working days.
By placing an order with SHAD.co.uk you are agreeing to the implied and express terms as listed above and in our main terms and conditions. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Please see our terms and conditions for further details
SHAD.co.uk is a trading name of Internetology Ltd.
VAT Registration: 762 952 307
Your Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
You've probably heard about these new data regulations which came into force on 25th May 2018. Every business in Europe will need to comply, and you will probably have had many emails about it already. SHAD.co.uk holds very little data about you and we do not process data about you, so if you want to know how these new regulations affect you in detail when you buy from us here's what you need to know:
1. The right to be informed
- When you place an order with us we collect personal data such as your name and address and details about the item you have ordered. We also collect the email address and the telephone number you have provided us with. We do this so that we can process and dispatch your order.
- If you make an enquiry (about the products we sell) we will retain your name and email address, and details of the enquiry you have made.
- When you make a purchase from us your credit card details are not seen or collected by SHAD.co.uk because our shopping cart is provided and managed by SagePay. We can access limited information about your transaction from SagePay such as whether the billing address you have given matches the card address held by your card provider.
- After you have purchased from us or made an enquiry we will send you an email asking if you would like us to keep you informed of new ranges, special offers, discounts, clearance sales and the like. If you do not respond to this email we can only reasonably repeat this offer once. We know you are busy, and you'll get heaps of emails from other companies like this, however the law is clear, you must have a choice, and we will not contact you unless you tell us what that choice is.
- We do not share your details with other company's other than SagePay and PayPal who handle our credit card and PayPal transactions and Mailchimp whose cloud-based mailing system we use to send you emails. Each of these companies only holds the data which is specific to perform their function. For example, Mailchimp has only your name and email address, they have no details of what you have purchased or how you have paid.
- We only use your name and email address to inform you of new items on our website or special offers, we do not "process" information in any way which attempts to predict the likelihood of you making a purchase and therefore the only way we tailor a marketing email to you personally is to address you by your christian name.
- When you purchase from SHAD.co.uk you can create an account by providing a password. We do not have access to that password and should you forget it our system allows you to create a fresh one.
- We will only telephone you if we need to communicate about an order that you have made with us. We will not make marketing calls or texts. We do not record any phone conversations that we may have with you.
- We hold the above data for a period of 36 months. If you have not contacted us or made another purchase during this period, we will contact you to ask if you wish to be kept on our mailing list. If you do not reply, then we will delete your records.
- Any data that we hold on you is held on servers within the EU
2. The right of access:
3. The right to rectification:
- You can access and view the information our system holds on you by logging onto your account. This details the address and email you have provided us with, a list of all the orders you have made, the date you purchased, how much you have spent and whether the transaction was successful. Our system also holds details of your wish list.
- The only information we can access on your account is your name, address, email and purchase history. We are unable to view or access your wish list.
- If you wish to have a copy of the information within your account, then please use our "contact us" page or email us at email@example.com or telephone us on 03333 448 252 and we will provide these details to you by email within 30 days.
- There will not be a charge for this service unless you make repeated requests for data that we have already provided you or for data that we do not hold.
- If the information we hold on you is incorrect then we will make the necessary corrections. Please contact us via our "contact us" page or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone us on 03333 448 252 and we will make the alteration within 30 days.
- There will not be a charge for this service unless you make repeated requests to alter data that we have already rectified or for changes to data that we do not hold.
4. The right to erasure:
5. The right to restrict processing:
- If you do not wish to be on our mailing list, then please use the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of each email we send.
- If you do not wish us to hold any details on you at all then please use our "contact us" page or email us at email@example.com or telephone us on 03333 448 252 and we will delete your record. Please note that for product safety reasons we must keep a record of named customer's purchases for at least 12 months. If at the end of this period, you wish to "be forgotten" then we will remove all your details from our database within 1 month of that 12-month period. The right to erasure will not effect the lawfulness of any data which we are required to retain by law, for example financial data to comply with HMRC.
6. The right to data portability:
- We do not process your data. If this changes we will inform you and you will have the choice to restrict how we use your data.
7. The right to object:
- The data we hold on you belongs to you, you can restrict how we use it, tell us to erase it, ask us to make amendments to it and request an electronic copy of it which you can upload to another website.
8. Rights related to automated decision making and profiling:
- We think we have covered all the options which will affect you, but if we haven't then get in touch (by the ways detailed above) we will deal with your complaint confidentially and sensitively. We will respond you your complaint no longer than within 30 days.
- We do not process your data in any way either manually or by use of algorithm or automated software to make decisions about you or to profile you in any way.